Chief of the consulting room: Zhigalova Elena Nikolaevna, M.D., neurologist of the highest category.
What Do We Treat
- Epilepsy. Differential diagnosis of epilepsy and other paroxysmal conditions, clarification of the form of epilepsy, selection of patients for surgical treatment of epilepsy, follow-up after surgical treatment.
Methods of diagnosis and treatment
- Video EEG-monitoring of various duration;
- MRI of the brain in epileptological mode;
- All types of laboratory and instrumental research methods (including the level of anticonvulsants in the blood);
- The decision on the need for surgical treatment of epilepsy;
- Programming of the implanted “vagus-stimulator”.
Advice to patients
- The patient should maintain a diary of seizures;
- At the reception you need to bring a diary of seizures, video of attacks (if available), a complete archive of all medical information (results of the examination from other specialists, extracts from the departments for a different treatment profile);
- Prior to research, the use of previously prescribed anticonvulsants should not be discontinued;
- With constant long-term use of anticonvulsant drugs, it is important to determine certain indicators of the body’s condition to control the side effects of therapy. Depending on the chemical formula and the pharmacological mechanism of action, certain types of laboratory control are assigned.
Address: 105203, Moscow, Nizhnyaya Pervomayskaya street, 65 (corner of the 15th Park Street)
How to reach us by using a public transport
“Pervomaiskaya” metro station (last carriage of the train out of the city centre). From “Pervomaiskaya” metro station by any tram or trolley bus go to the stop “15th Parkovaya Street”. Go along the 15th Park Street to the intersection with the Nizhnyaya Pervomaiskaya Street, turn right and walk about a hundred meters to the entrance of the CDC “Izmailovsky”.