Included in the St. George Clinic of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
Chief of the department: Yudaev Sergey Sergeevich, a cardiovascular surgeon of the highest category, assistant professor, Ph.D.
The main focus of the department is to provide high-tech medical care to patients with vascular pathology. Opportunities of the Pirogov National Medical and Surgical Center allow multidisciplinary examination of patients, including the preoperative preparation. More than 400 reconstructive operations on the main arteries and more than 600 operations of a phlebological profile are performed annually.
The priority of the department is the diagnosis and treatment of atherosclerotic lesions of the aorta and main arteries of the head, upper and lower extremities, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of varicose disease of the lower extremities, including using advanced techniques to eliminate venous reflux, such as endovenous laser obliteration, radio frequency vein ablation and sclerotherapy.
All the doctors of the department have scientific degrees, they are actively engaged in scientific research on the basis of the surgical departments of the Institute for the Advanced Training of Doctors of the Pirogov National Medical and Surgical Center.
Types of angiosurgical care:
- Abdominal Aortic Prosthetics;
- Aortic aneurysm resection;
- Aorto-femoral shunting;
- Ileo-femoral shunting;
- Femoral-popliteal bypass;
- Decompression of the celiac trunk;
- Resection of aneurysms and plastic of visceral branches;
- Profundoplasty (plasty of the deep femoral artery);
- Carotid endarterectomy (classical and eversion);
- Carotid-subclavial shunting;
- Formation of permanent vascular access for hemodialysis;
- Dissociation of arteriovenous fistulas.
Types of phlebological assistance (phlebological service):
- Endovenous laser obliteration;
- Radiofrequency obliteration;
- Foam vein scleroobliteration;
- Compression Microsclerotherapy;
- Combined Phlebectomy;
- Deep vein stenting in postthrombotic disease;
- Deep vein thrombosis operations;
- Arteriovenous dysplasia operations.
- Varicose veins;
- Diseases of the brachiocephalic arteries (prevention of stroke);
- Chronic abdominal ischemia (Dunbar syndrome);
- Atherosclerosis of vessels of the lower extremities;
- Leriche syndrome;
- Aneurysms of the subclavian, renal, femoral and popliteal arteries;
- Aneurysms of the abdominal aorta;
- Vasorenal hypertension;
- Vascular malformations;
- Embolism and acute thrombosis of the main arteries.
Diagnostic and treatment methods
At the disposal of the department there are all modern diagnostic methods that allow in the shortest possible time to establish the diagnosis:
- Ultrasound Angiography;
- CT scan;
- Magnetic resonance imaging;
- Digital angiography;
- Single photon emission computed tomography.
The technical equipment of the operating rooms allows using the most modern methods of blood flow monitoring, which allows minimizing the likelihood of complications.
Scientific and educational activities
The staff of the department conducts scientific and teaching activities at the Academic Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery with a course of endovascular surgery at the Institute for the Advanced Training of Doctors of the Pirogov National Medical and Surgical Center. All doctors of the department have a scientific degree. The department is equipped with modern training programs, hardware, equipment and computer equipment. Scientific papers created by the department staff are published annually in the medical literature, and research materials are reported at scientific conferences.
Address: 105203, Moscow, Nizhnyaya Pervomayskaya str., 70
Contact phone number:
How to reach us by using public transport
“Pervomaiskaya” metro station (last carriage of the train out of the city centre). From “Pervomaiskaya” metro station by any tram or trolley bus go to the stop “15th Parkovaya Street”. Go along the 15th Park Street to the intersection with the Nizhnyaya Pervomaiskaya Street, turn left and walk about a hundred meters to the entrance of the Pirogov National Medical and Surgical Center.