Chief of the department: Zharkov Oleg Borisovich, M.D., Ph.D., therapist of the highest category, associate professor of the Academic Department of Internal Medicine.
The department was established in 1993 to provide assistance to complex patients who often visited not one treatment and prophylactic institution, but also those who were not satisfied with the help received, either because of an inadequately determined diagnosis, or having a complex of interrelating diseases that hinder treatment.
The department provides the following types of assistance:
Clarification and diagnosis in difficult cases, with unclear conditions and syndromes, such as:
- Fever of unknown origin.
- Acceleration of ESR.
- Fainting and loss of consciousness.
- Persistent pain of different localization.
- Weight loss, weakness and psychosomatic disorders, latent and somatic depression.
- Vegetative disorders.
- Provision of consultative and curative care for patients with diabetes mellitus.
- Diagnosis of early and late complications of diabetes mellitus. Primary and secondary prevention of diabetic complications.
- Selection of an individual diet, exercise regime, training for self-management of type 1 diabetes mellitus and type 2, type 2 diabetes mellitus on insulin therapy.
- Diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of obesity, metabolic syndrome and its complications.
- Diagnosis and treatment of arterial hypertension of endocrine origin.
- Complex diagnostics and treatment of adrenal and pancreatic diseases.
- Complex diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the thyroid gland, parathyroid glands, endocrine ophthalmopathy.
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the hypothalamic-pituitary system.
- Diagnosis and treatment of phosphorus-calcium metabolism disorders.
- Preparation for surgical treatment of patients with various endocrinopathies.
Modern laboratory and instrumental methods of diagnostics and treatment of endocrinopathies are used, including:
- Surgical and others, with the involvement of a wide range of specialists.
We offer a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of internal organs with the use of advanced methods of treatment, which guarantees you the most accurate, comfortable and quick examination and treatment!
Address: 105203, Moscow, Nizhnyaya Pervomayskaya str., 70
Contact phone number:
How to reach us by using public transport
“Pervomaiskaya” metro station (last carriage of the train out of the city centre). From “Pervomaiskaya” metro station by any tram or trolley bus go to the stop “15th Parkovaya Street”. Go along the 15th Park Street to the intersection with the Nizhnyaya Pervomaiskaya Street, turn left and walk about a hundred meters to the entrance of the Pirogov National Medical and Surgical Center.