Included in the St. George Clinic of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
Chief of the department: Vasilashko Viktor Ivanovich, a highest-category thoracic surgeon, professor, Ph.D, associate professor.
What do we treat:
- Thoracoscopic surgery (video thoracoscopy);
- Spontaneous pneumothorax;
- Palmar hyperhidrosis;
- Bullous emphysema;
- Tumors and cysts of the mediastinum;
- Diffuse lung disease;
- Lung tumors;
- Tracheal stenosis;
Types of thoracic surgical interventions performed in the department:
- Thoracoscopic biopsies of the lung and mediastinal lymph nodes;
- Thoracoscopic removal of tumors and cysts of the mediastinum, including thymectomy for generalized myasthenia;
- Thoracoscopic surgery for spontaneous pneumothorax, palmar hyperhidrosis, pulmonary emphysema, pleurisy;
- All types of operations for benign and malignant lung neoplasms;
- Comprehensive treatment of cancer and metastatic tumors of the lung, including lung resection using neodymium YAG laser;
- All types of operations for tumors and esophageal diverticula;
- Reconstructive surgery of the trachea and bronchi, including surgery for tracheal stenosis and tracheoesophageal fistula;
- Surgical treatment of echinococcosis and other parasitic lung diseases.
The main focus of the department is to provide high-tech medical care in diseases of the chest organs.
The backbone of the department consisted of medical and nursing staff of one of the oldest departments in Russia, the thoracic department of the faculty surgical clinic and the Research Institute of Thoracic Surgery of Sechenov University and experienced surgeons — graduates of the Military Medical Academy.
All doctors have the highest qualification category and degrees. One doctor of medical sciences and 3 candidates of medical sciences work at the department. Employees of the department are actively engaged in scientific research on the basis of the surgical departments of the Institute for the Advanced Training of Doctors of the Pirogov Center.
Hospitalization of patients is carried out in single, double and triple rooms. The wards have a toilet, shower, TV, refrigerator.
Examination and treatment is carried out according to federal quotas, under a voluntary or compulsory medical insurance policy and on a paid basis (cash and cashless payments).
More than 700 operations are performed annually with a minimum number of complications — no more than 1%. In the department all types of thoracic surgical interventions are performed.
Minimally invasive technologies are widely used (up to 80% of thoracic operations are performed using video-assisted thoracoscopy). Maximum lung tissue can be preserved with a neodymium YAG laser, which is especially necessary when removing multiple metastases from the lung.
Opportunities of the Pirogov Center, the largest Russian multidisciplinary medical institution, allow preparing the patient and performing the operation in the presence of serious comorbidities such as diabetes, coronary heart disease and many others.
Address: 105203, Moscow, Nizhnyaya Pervomayskaya str., 70
Contact phone number:
How to reach us by using public transport
“Pervomaiskaya” metro station (last carriage of the train out of the city centre). From “Pervomaiskaya” metro station by any tram or trolley bus go to the stop “15th Parkovaya Street”. Go along the 15th Park Street to the intersection with the Nizhnyaya Pervomaiskaya Street, turn left and walk about a hundred meters to the entrance of the Pirogov Center.