Chief of department: Levchuk Alexander Lvovich, M.D., Ph.D., Honored Doctor of the Russian Federation, Surgeon of the highest qualification category, Professor of the Department of Surgery with Traumatology, Orthopedics and Surgical Endocrinology courses, Deputy Head of the Department Of Surgery, Deputy Chief Surgeon.
The Department of Surgery, Coloproctology and Oncology was established more than 80 years ago on the basis of the II Republican Clinical Hospital.
In 2002, the department became a part of the Surgery Clinic of the National Pirogov Medical Surgical Center.
The department carries out high-tech surgical treatment of various diseases (including oncological) organs of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as purulent-septic diseases:
- Surgical pathology of the esophagus: oncological diseases, strictures, diverticulosis and diverticulitis, hernia of the esophageal opening of the diaphragm, reflux esophagitis (throwing of the contents of the stomach).
- Surgical pathology of the stomach and duodenum: cancer, severe and complicated forms of peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum.
- Surgical pathology of the intestine: Crohn’s disease, diverticulosis and diverticulitis of the colon, ulcerative colitis, benign colon tumors, cancer.
- Proctological pathology: hemorrhoids, rectal fissures, paraproctitis, fistulas of the rectum, diseases of the perianal region (condylomata, benign tumors), epithelial coccygeal path, etc. There is a large experience of operations on the rectum.
- Surgical pathology of the liver and gallbladder: acute cholecystitis, cholelithiasis, postcholocystectomy syndrome, gallbladder and duct tumors, mechanical jaundice, benign liver tumors (hemangiomas, teratomas, etc.), cysts, malignant tumors, colorectal cancer metastases, primary liver tumors, parasitic liver cysts.
- Surgical pathology of the pancreas: benign and hormone-active tumors, cysts, acute and chronic pancreatitis, cancer.
- Diseases requiring urgent surgical intervention, destructive processes in the abdominal cavity: gastrointestinal bleeding, acute appendicitis, peritonitis, strangulated hernia, acute adhesive intestinal obstruction.
- Hernias: femoral, inguinal, abdominal.
- Peritoneal commissures.
- Surgical treatment of patients with severe obesity.
- Surgical removal of neoplasms of the skin and subcutaneous tissue: Papillomas, keratomas, fibromas, lipomas, hygromas, atheromas, granulomas of postoperative scars.
- Purulent-septic diseases: Surgical infection of the abdominal and thoracic cavities, mediastinum, surgical infections of soft tissues and osteoarticular apparatus, anaerobic infection of soft tissues, surgical infections of the retroperitoneal space and pelvis, surgical infections in diabetes (“diabetic foot” syndrome), treatment of pressure ulcers (decubitus).
The department has developed unique methods:
- Argon-plasma coagulation.
- Ultrasonic dissector in liver operations (bloodless operations).
- Specialized tools for plasty of the esophagus.
In operations on the parenchymal organs (liver, spleen, pancreas), a harmonious scalpel (bloodless operations) is used that allows simultaneous cutting of tissues and their coagulation with the help of an ultrasonic wave (the effect of “welding” of tissues is achieved, which significantly improves their ability to heal).
The department is equipped with a modern diagnostic base:
- CT scan.
- Nuclear magnetic resonance.
X-rayresearch in all modifications using digital technologies.
- The most modern ultrasonic diagnostic devices.
- All methods of laboratory diagnostics (including in urgent order).
- All types of endoscopic studies (gastroscopy, bronchoscopy, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy).
- Screening test for cancer markers.
Address: 105203, Moscow, Nizhnyaya Pervomayskaya str., 70
Contact phone number:
How to reach us by using public transport
“Pervomaiskaya” metro station (last carriage of the train out of the city centre). From “Pervomaiskaya” metro station by any tram or trolley bus go to the stop “15th Parkovaya Street”. Go along the 15th Park Street to the intersection with the Nizhnyaya Pervomaiskaya Street, turn left and walk about a hundred meters to the entrance of the Pirogov Center.