Included in the St. George Clinic of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
Chief of the department: Troshina Anastasia Alexandrovna, cardiologist, therapeutist, Ph.D.
The modern model of “management” of cardiac patients dictates the need to create specialized departments in a multidisciplinary hospital. This allows us to provide modern medical care to patients with the entire spectrum of diseases of the cardiovascular system in the context of a single medical facility. The cardiology department has been operating since November 2006 and currently meets all modern requirements for departments in this area. Our Center carries out the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases according to international protocols.
The staff is represented by competent, highly qualified, certified cardiologists.
The cardiology department with the intensive care unit and intensive care unit works in close connection with the adjacent departments working in the framework of the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. If there is evidence, patients undergo coronary angiography, shuntography, ventriculography. Percutaneous interventions (balloon angioplasty and coronary artery stenting) are performed if necessary. In addition, within our center, the patient may perform such surgical interventions as the implantation of a pacemaker, radiofrequency ablation of an arrhythmogenic focus, and others; and interaction with cardiovascular surgeons performing open heart and vascular surgery.
The number of patients treated steadily grows every year, which indicates a continuous improvement in the methods of diagnosis and treatment, allowing to reduce the total length of stay of patients in the hospital.
The department provides assistance to patients with acute and chronic cardiovascular diseases:
- Ischemic Heart Disease:
- Stable angina;
- Postinfarction cardiosclerosis;
- Unstable angina;
- Myocardial infarction.
- Heart rhythm and conduction disorders;
- Circulatory failure;
- Arterial hypertension, including hypertensive crises;
- Cardiomyopathies: dilated, hypertrophic, restrictive;
- Infectious endocarditis;
- Pulmonary thromboembolism;
- Myocarditis, pericarditis.
Diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases is carried out in accordance with modern recommendations in the field of cardiology and from the standpoint of evidence-based medicine.
Also, in our department, you can take a cardio check with an assessment of the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, including stroke.
In our hospital, patients undergo various diagnostic examinations, such as:
- 24 and
48-hour(Holter) ECG monitoring; 24-hourblood pressure monitoring;
- Stress ECG tests (bicycle ergometry, treadmill test, dipyridamole test);
- Echocardiography (Doppler ECHO-KG, transesophageal ECHO-KG);
- Stress-ECHO-KG with load tests and with drug tests;
- Doppler ultrasound and duplex scanning of the main and peripheral arteries and veins;
- Coronary angiography, angiography of other vascular pools;
- Invasive electrophysiological studies;
- Computed tomography (CT);
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI);
- Radionuclide study (scintigraphy of the myocardium at rest and with the load, lung, thyroid, skeleton, etc.);
- Night pulse oximetry, nasopharyngeal flow study;
- All types of laboratory diagnostics;
- Consultation related professionals, if necessary.
Therapeutic (drug, physiotherapeutic, psychotherapeutic). In the medical treatment of patients used drugs that have successfully passed a number of clinical trials and have proven effective in treating millions of people.
Endovascular treatment of arrhythmias (radiofrequency catheter ablation, including atrial fibrillation), coronary artery disease (balloon angioplasty, stenting).
Implantation of pacemakers, including those with resynchronization function, cardioverter defibrillators.
Surgical (aorto-coronary bypass surgery (CABG), correction of congenital heart defects, prosthetics and reconstruction of heart valves, prosthetics of arteries, aorta, post-infarction aneurysm surgery, microsurgery of the veins).
The priority of our Center is a comprehensive, individual approach to treatment: in addition to the cardiologist, other leading specialists of all directions are involved.
Treatment and examination of patients is carried out in a comfortable environment. At present, there are 15 wards in the department, designed for
A separate structure of our department is the intensive care unit (ICU) for cardiac patients, intended for the initial admission and provision of specialized medical care to patients with acute cardiac pathology.
The main areas of work the ICU are:
- Treatment of patients with acute coronary syndrome, including the implementation of emergency and early invasive interventions — coronary angiography and coronary stenting (the work is ensured by close cooperation with the department of
X-raysurgical diagnostic and treatment methods);
- Reception and treatment of patients with cardiac rhythm and conduction disturbances, including the implementation of emergency and planned cardioversion and temporary pacing;
- The admission and treatment of patients with pulmonary thromboembolism, complicated by hypertensive crises, acute and chronic heart failure and other acute or decompensated chronic cardiovascular diseases.
The staff of ICU is a highly qualified team that combines professionalism, individual approach to each patient, benevolence and attention to the patients and their relatives.
Address: 105203, Moscow, Nizhnyaya Pervomayskaya str., 70
Contact phone number:
How to reach us by using public transport
“Pervomaiskaya” metro station (last carriage of the train out of the city centre). From “Pervomaiskaya” metro station by any tram or trolley bus go to the stop “15th Parkovaya Street”. Go along the 15th Park Street to the intersection with the Nizhnyaya Pervomaiskaya Street, turn left and walk about a hundred meters to the entrance of the Pirogov Center.