Chief of department: Gvozdkov Andrei Lvovich, M.D., Ph.D..
A new, highly effective trend in the development of modern medicine is the principle of creating specialized departments in a multidisciplinary hospital.
This allows you to provide modern medical care to patients with a full range of diseases of the cardiovascular system in the conditions of one medical institution.
It is on these principles that the work of the Department of Cardiology has been built, which, in its present form, exists since November 2006.
During the existence of the department, the number of patients is steadily increasing, which is explained by the continuous improvement of diagnostic and treatment methods, which allow reducing the overall length of stay of patients in the hospital.
Contact a cardiologist if:
- You have headache.
- Headache increases with emotional or physical exertion.
- You feel sick, dizzy, fainting.
- You feel “tightness” in the chest or worried about pain in the heart.
- You clearly feel interruptions in the work of the heart (tachycardia, arrhythmia).
- You have shortness of breath or cough after exercise.
- You are over 40 years old.
- You are a low-active lifestyle.
- You suffer from diabetes, have a thyroid pathology, overweight.
- Your relatives had heart and vascular disease.
In the department of cardiology of the Pirogov Center you can:
- Undergo a comprehensive examination (specialist consultation, all kinds of laboratory-instrumental diagnostics).
- Get the treatment for the whole range of cardiovascular diseases.
The priority of our Center is a comprehensive, individual approach to treatment: besides the cardiologist, other leading specialists of all directions are involved.
High-tech and most modern diagnostic and treatment methods of examination and treatment are used in the conditions of one medical institution.
A special feature of the department is interaction with interventional cardiologists (endovascular surgeons), which allows performing small cardiosurgical interventions (stenting of the arteries, implantation of a pacemaker, radiofrequency ablation of the arrhythmogenic focus, and others); as well as cardiosurgeons performing open operations on the heart and blood vessels.
In medicamentous treatment of patients, drugs that have successfully passed a number of clinical trials and proved effective in treating millions of people are used.
Scientific work in the following areas of cardiology:
- Providing high-tech care to patients with acute coronary syndrome, which is achieved by the friendly work of the intensive care ward with the endovascular unit. Most patients with acute coronary syndrome (myocardial infarction, unstable angina) undergo coronary angiography and myocardial revascularization.
- Pulmonary embolism. Great attention is paid to the prevention of venous thrombosis and embolism, thromboembolism of the pulmonary artery. The experience of early diagnosis and treatment of this life-threatening condition is especially relevant in the context of a multidisciplinary surgical hospital.
- Radiofrequency ablation of the arrhythmogenic focus in almost all rhythm disturbances (including atrial fibrillation). This is a minimally invasive method, in which an electrode is inserted into the heart cavity, which allows initially to identify the focus of arrhythmia and subsequently to destroy it with the help of an alternating current of high frequency.
Department of Cardiology the Pirogov Center conducts diagnostics and treatment:
- All forms of ischemic heart disease (anginas, acute myocardial infarction).
- Hypertonic disease, secondary arterial hypertension.
- Disorders of the heart rhythm and conduction (tachy- and bradyarrhythmias, extrasystole, heart block, paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia, ventricular pre-excitation syndrome).
- Chronic heart failure.
- Pulmonary embolism.
- Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
- 24/48-hour (Holter) ECG monitoring.
24-hourblood pressure monitoring.
- Stress ECG tests (veloergometry, treadmill test, dipyridamole test).
- Echocardiography (Doppler ECHO-KG, transoesophageal ECHO-KG).
- Stress-ECHO-KG with loading tests and with medicamental tests.
- Ultrasonic dopplerography and duplex scanning of the main and peripheral arteries and veins.
- Coronarography, angiography of other vascular pools.
- Invasive electrophysiological studies.
- Computed Tomography (CT).
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Radionuclide study (scintigraphy of the myocardium at rest and at stress, lungs, thyroid gland, skeleton, etc.).
- Night pulse oximetry, investigation of nasopharyngeal flow.
- Therapeutic (pharmacological, physiotherapeutic, psychotherapeutic).
- Endovascular methods of arrhythmia treatment (catheter radiofrequency ablation, including atrial fibrillation), IHD (balloon angioplasty, stenting).
- Implantation of pacemakers, including the function of resynchronization, defibrillator-cardioverter.
- Surgical (coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), correction of congenital heart diseases, prosthetics and reconstruction of the heart valves, prosthetics of the arteries, aorta, plasticity of postinfarction aneurysms, microsurgical operations on the veins).
Address: 105203, Moscow, Nizhnyaya Pervomayskaya str., 70
Contact phone number:
How to reach us by using public transport
“Pervomaiskaya” metro station (last carriage of the train out of the city centre). From “Pervomaiskaya” metro station by any tram or trolley bus go to the stop “15th Parkovaya Street”. Go along the 15th Park Street to the intersection with the Nizhnyaya Pervomaiskaya Street, turn left and walk about a hundred meters to the entrance of the Pirogov Center.