Chief of department: Zuev Andrey, M.D., Ph.D., neurosurgeon of the highest category.
Currently, the National Pirogov Medical and Surgical Center includes two neurosurgical departments.
The departments are equipped with all the necessary modern equipment for high-tech surgical treatment of patients with diseases of the brain and spinal cord, spine, peripheral nervous system.
National Pirogov Medical and Surgical Center performs the whole range of neurosurgical operations at the level of world standards.
Neuronavigation, neurophysiological monitoring and mapping of the cerebral cortex are used in performing surgical interventions. Endoscopic and minimally invasive technologies are widely used.
The use of these techniques allows performing a full range of modern surgical interventions with minimal traumatization of the tissues of the brain and spinal cord.
A differentiated approach and comprehensive evaluation in the treatment of spine diseases allows choose the optimal ways: from puncture techniques (hydro-nucleoplasty of intervertebral discs, puncture percutaneous vertebroplasty) and minimally invasive operations (endoscopic and endoscope assisted interventions) to radical reconstructive and restorative interventions.
The wide possibilities of the multidisciplinary Center allow conducting a comprehensive examination of patients in order to determine all the features of the disease and to identify the concomitant pathology, which allows develop an individual treatment plan for each patient.
In neurosurgical departments of the National Pirogov Medical and Surgical Center we treat patients with the following diseases:
- Diseases of the brain and skull:
- Tumors of the brain, cerebral membranes and skull bones (gliomas, meningiomas, teratomas, epindimomas, craniopharyngiomas, osteomas, chordomas, etc.)
- Adenomas of the pituitary gland
- Pharmacoresistant epilepsy
- Defects of skull bones of any complexity and localization
- Arnold-Chiari anomaly
- Hemorrhagic and Ischemic Strokes
- Hematomas (epidural, subdural, intracerebral)
- Diseases of the spine and peripheral nervous system:
- Degenerative and dystrophic diseases of the spine
- Herniations of intervertebral discs of all parts of the spine
- Stenoses of the spinal canal
- Injuries to the spine and their consequences
- Inflammatory diseases of the spine
- Deformations of the spine
- Neoplasms of the spine and spinal cord
- Syringomyelia of different etiology and localization
- Tumors of peripheral nerves
- Post-traumatic and compression neuropathies
- Pain syndromes of different localization,
- Spasmodic Syndrome
Address: 105203, Moscow, Nizhnyaya Pervomayskaya str., 70
Contact phone number:
How to reach us by using public transport
“Pervomaiskaya” metro station (last carriage of the train out of the city centre). From “Pervomaiskaya” metro station by any tram or trolley bus go to the stop “15th Parkovaya Street”. Go along the 15th Park Street to the intersection with the Nizhnyaya Pervomaiskaya Street, turn left and walk about a hundred meters to the entrance of the Pirogov Center.