Chief of department: Zhivotov Vladimir Anatolyevich, M.D., Ph.D., assistant professor.
The department specializes in the diagnosis and surgical treatment of diseases of the thyroid gland, mammary glands, parathyroid glands, adrenal glands.
Priority directions of the department are:
- The most accurate diagnosis at the pre-operation stage in accordance with European standards.
- A combination of radical treatment with minimal trauma to the body and a high cosmetic effect.
The department carries out all kinds of operations on the thyroid gland, mammary glands, parathyroid glands, adrenal glands:
- Thyroidectomy (removal of the thyroid jelly) for diseases with increased production of thyroid hormones, for thyroid cancer.
- Hemithireoectomy (removal of the thyroid gland with the isthmus) for benign thyroid diseases.
- Thyroidectomy with lymphadenectomy (removal of the thyroid and lymph nodes) for thyroid cancer with metastatic lesions of the lymph nodes.
- Paradenomectomy (removal of adenomas of the parathyroid glands) about primary hyperparathyroidism (metabolic calcium metabolism disorders).
- Subtotal paradenomectomy and total paradenomectomy with transplantation of the parathyroid gland (with the unique possibility of storing distant parathyroid glands in the cryobank).
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy (removal of adrenal neoplasms through small punctures of the abdominal wall) about neoplasm of adrenals (adenoma or cancer).
- Endovodiosurgically assisted hemithyroidectomy (thyroidectomy) — the operation is performed as in the case of a traditional operation, only the incision is 1.5 — 2.0 cm.
- Sectoral resection of the mammary gland from the mini-access.
- Radical resection of the breast with lymphadenectomy, including plastic with silicone endoprosthesis of the world’s leading manufacturers, as well as with the plastics of their own tissues.
- Radical mastectomy with lymphadenectomy with one-stage mammary gland plasty by the patient’s own tissues (TRAM flap, thoracodorsal flap) or with plastic silicone endoprostheses.
The department carries out diagnostic studies for diagnosis of diseases of the mammary glands, organs of the endocrine system, digestive organs:
- Fine needle aspiration biopsy of nodal formations of the thyroid and lymph nodes of the neck (including flushing with thyroglobulin).
- Biopsy of tumors of the parathyroid gland under ultrasound monitoring of tumors (with flushing to the parathyroid hormone).
- Fine needle aspiration biopsy of nodular mammary gland formations under ultrasound control.
- Trepanobiopsy (core biopsy) of the nodular formations of mammary glands under ultrasound control.
- Trepanobiopsy under stereotactic control.
Address: 105203, Moscow, Nizhnyaya Pervomayskaya str., 70
Contact phone number:
How to reach us by using public transport
“Pervomaiskaya” metro station (last carriage of the train out of the city centre). From “Pervomaiskaya” metro station by any tram or trolley bus go to the stop “15th Parkovaya Street”. Go along the 15th Park Street to the intersection with the Nizhnyaya Pervomaiskaya Street, turn left and walk about a hundred meters to the entrance of the Pirogov Center.