Conference was attended by 1,157 people from 22 regions of Russia, as well as 8 countries of the CIS, Europe and Asia. The leading Russian and international experts discussed the most important issues of treatment and diagnosis of diseases of the posterior segment of the eye. One of the central events of March 23 was the presentation of innovative methods of dealing with various eye diseases, including the use of 3D-fundus visualization.
The Ophthalmology Center of the Pirogov Center was represented by:
- Head of the Ophthalmology Center, M.D. Ph.D. Rinat Rustamovich Fayzrakhmanov, with the report “Surgery of subpigment neovascularization”;
- Chief Ophthalmologist, Professor, M.D. Ph.D. Shishkin Mikhail Mikhailovich, with the report “Bilateral endophthalmitis of viral etiology. The effectiveness of surgical treatment” in collaboration with M.D. Ph.D. E.V. Kasatikova;
- M.D. Babayeva Dilara Bayramovna presented a report “Dependence of the restoration of visual functions on the time of surgical intervention in patients with diabetic vitreopapillary traction syndrome” in collaboration with Professor M.M. Shishkin;
- M.D. Pavlovsky Oleg Alexandrovich with the report “Long-Term Results of Closing of Macular Gaps with Preserving the Internal Boundary Membrane” in collaboration with E.A. Larina;
- M.D. Larina Evgenia Artyomovna with a poster report “The Impact of Various Surgical Treatment Techniques on the Morphology of an Unclosed Macular Disruption with a Negative Anatomical Result”;
- M.D. Konovalova Karina Igorevna, with a poster report “The condition of the macula in patients with advanced stages of proliferative diabetic retinopathy after two-stage vitreal surgery (preliminary results)” in collaboration with Professor M.M. Shishkin.
Traditionally, the scientific program was intense and included various areas of work on vitreoretinal pathology.
At the exhibition of medical equipment, a whole arsenal of modern means of diagnosing and treating vitreoretinal pathology was presented. Participation of the Ophthalmology Center at congress emphasizes the scientific potential and the high level of its staff.